1. There shall be an Extension Education Council consisting of the following members:
- Vice-Chancellor - Chairperson;
- The Director of Agriculture, Government of Karnataka;
- The Director of Agriculture Marketing, Government of Karnataka;
- The Director of Horticulture, Government of Karnataka;
- The Director of Women & Child Welfare. Government of Karnataka;
- The Director of Sericulture, Government of Karnataka;
- The Chief Conservator of Forest, Social Forestry Government of Karnataka;
- The Director of Watershed, Government of Karnataka:
- All Directors and Deans of the University;
- All Associate Directors of Research and Associate Directors of Extension:
- All University Heads of the Departments;
- Two progressive farmers having specialization in Agriculture and allied branches nominated by the Vice-Chancellor to avail the benefit of their specialized knowledge and experience;
- One extension educationist of eminence from outside the University nominated by the Vice-Chancellor in respect of any meeting for availing the benefit of their specialized knowledge of subjects on the agenda of such meeting;
- One Agro-Industrialist nominated by the Vice-Chancellor in respect of any meeting for availing the benefit of their specialized knowledge of subjects on the agenda of such meeting;
- Not more than one representative of the following organizations limited to five as per request of the Vice-chancellor,
- The Rural Development and Panchayat Raj Department, Government of Karnataka.
- Co-operation Department, Government of Karnataka.
- The Karnataka Agro-Industries Development Corporation.
- Water Resources Department, Government of Karnataka.
- Fertilizer Corporation of India.
- National Seeds Corporation.
- Any other Agro-Industry or Agro-Service Organization/Seed companies.
- Karnataka State Seeds Corporation.
- Karnataka State Seed Certification Agency.
- NGO related to Agriculture and Rural Development.
- Director of Extension - Member Secretary.
2. All Members of the Extension Education Council other than the ex-officio members shall hold office for a term of two years and shall not be eligible for renomination to any of the Authorities of the University.
Functions of the Extension Education Council
Extension Education Council shall consider and make recommendations in respect of-
- the Extension Education Programmes and Projects of the University;
- co-ordination of Extension Education activities for improvement of Agriculture and allied branches and for the development of Rural Communities;
- development of farmers Education and Training and Advisory Services;
- identification and resolution of field problems and transmission of information;
- methodology of Extension Education;
- evaluation of the Krishi Vigyan Kendra functions;
- Any other matter referred to it by the Vice-Chancellor, Board or any other authority of the University.
Source : THE UNIVERSITIES OF AGRICULTURAL SCIENCES ACT, 2009.